Wednesday, November 22, 2017

27 Weeks with Baby Number 3

Currently 28 weeks 4 days days along! 




This Week:

Feeling a little anxious this week. Had a night of mild contractions and it kind of kicked my (and Ryan's) realization that we need to be ready into high gear. 

Baby This Week: 


The size of a camping lantern! 






Maternity Clothes:

It's cold and my winter coats won't zipper but I refuse to purchase a "maternity" coat when I could only be pregnant for such a short time. This happened with Sam and I just made it work. I did have to start wearing socks and shoes though which sucks. I hate bending down. 

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

Still no appointment this week and I do own a scale but apparently don't use it! ha ha! A couple small new stretch marks on the lower part of my belly that actually resemble vampire teeth marks. Weird! 

Movement:


Lots of movement and I love the stage in pregnancy when I can put my hand on my belly and feel a knee or an elbow sticking out. It's neat to feel the "hard" bones. 

Food Aversions/Cravings:


Hmm....I can't really think of anything actually. No strong cravings at all. Just cold water as I seem to be thirsty a lot. I just notice I am always STARVING in the morning. I literally eat 3 breakfasts. One when I get up at 4. Another at 6:30 and again at 8 AM. 

Symptoms:

Eep...LOTS of braxton hicks contractions and some real painful ones. Sometimes I am even able to time them. As the baby gets bigger, the end of this week I started feeling slight pulling on the cerclage area. No bleeding but defiantly pressure/pulling feeling. 

Then the usual pregnancy stuff. Heartburn, waddling, boobs out of control, can't see my feet!  

What I Miss:

Ummm..Wine? ha ha! I don't know but there is something nice about a festive drink while decorating our tree or wrapping presents. Not gonna happen this year. I also miss not hurting. Rolling over in bed is such a chore! 

Labor Signs/Health Update:


Eep. Yes. Contractions one evening which put me and Ryan into overdrive of terror. But they went away with some water and rest. 

Docs say it is fairly normal considering my condition and the stage in my pregnancy. I love my calm doctor. Ha ha! I'll be excited to see my ultrasound to see if my cervix is shortening or not. 

I started and now stopped the Iron pills I was told to take because of being anemic. They were just making me feel too sick. No matter the time of day or with food or not, they were making me so sick. 


Gender:

I can't wait to find out! I feel prepared for whichever gender it is. I find myself saying "he" sometimes when referring to baby which is interesting. I am finding my hair so limp and blah unlike when I was pregnant with Sam! 

Wedding Rings/Belly Button


My belly button is almost non-existent. My wedding ring is loose especially with the colder weather. 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment:


Looking forward to my parents getting home. The contractions hitting during their trip and hunting season kind of made me panic. Ryan was gone and so were the usual people (gone and had been drinking) in my life that I have on speed dial to drive me somewhere. It's so much different with Sam too. I have to consider care for him AND who will drive me to Ottawa. 

The best moment this week was getting our Christmas tree up in the livingroom! Sam is really into Christmas this year and while I am keeping everything easy and low key this year, I was delighted to see his face light up and co-operation with decorating. 



Daddy This Week:

Daddy has started some night shifts which is fun...HA! The change between day and night shift makes for weird sleeping and trying to figure out schedules. Our lives depend so much on weather this time of year. 

We decided that if I go into labor during a night shift, that someone else will drive me to the hospital and Ryan will just meet us there. It just makes more sense then me waiting on him. 

Ryan was home for the first night I had a few contractions. He was like out of a movie. Running around, yelling, just going nuts! So we had a little meeting the next day where we calmly talked about what he needs to do. We even made a step-by-step list for him. He just isn't the "calm" in a stressful situation but this scare might help him be more calm next time. 

Big Brother Sam:


Sam has had a better week and in good spirits. My belly is too big not to join him in his bed for story time. But he really likes that we can cuddle in our big bed! 

He likes to try and feel the baby now kick and is really curious as to when/how it will get out of my belly (through my belly button, duh). 


Wisdom:

Putting on socks and shoes sucks at this stage of pregnancy. I've moved a kitchen chair to our door and have dubbed it "Momma's Chair" not to be used for anything else except to help my bend down to put on my winter boots. 


xo 

3 comments:

  1. Remember you can all me at anytime!!! I can be at your door step in 2 minutes!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...or at least to take over Sam or run over and spend the night - we are here!
    Can't wait to meet Baby!
    I had the same issue with the iron and Dr Mac told me to stop taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had SO many Braxton hicks contractions with Addy. My doctor just said that it was the beauty of having been pregnant before. Still nervous! Glad you guys are thinking of back-up plans. I remember being so nervous with John wondering if Alex would be out plowing!

    ReplyDelete