Wednesday, November 29, 2017

28 Weeks with Baby Number 3

Currently 29 weeks 4 days pregnant 



This Week:

Third and FINAL trimester! Bring it on! 

Baby This Week: 


The size of a roller blade! 








Maternity Clothes:

The snow actually melted so it has been a little warmer. I kind of just live in my work clothes. I have 2 pairs of black maternity pants and then switch back and forth between a green and black long sleeve maternity shirt with a company sweater (unbuttoned) over top. When I try to wear a long sweater with my maternity leggings, the sweater is no longer as long as I like. 

Stretch Marks/Weight: 

Had an appointment after a wonderful 4 week break!! I actually lost weight which I was surprised about! 

Movement:


So much movement! I am trying to take time to remember what it feels like because it is the last time. 

Food Aversions/Cravings:

I have had a VERY specific and strong craving this week for BLUEBERRY yogurt. No other yogurt will do and one taste is not enough. So weird! 

But I am loving the fact that my belly has now reached food tray status! 



Symptoms:

Still more braxton kicks contractions! Doc said as long as they aren't 10 minutes apart or less, not to worry. Just one of those annoying pregnancy things. 

The waddling is here to stay I gather because the ultrasound tech and Doc both commented on how low baby is (head down!). So the pelvic pain and waddling is because of that. 

Then the usual. Insomnia, heartburn, congestion and fatigue. Still get the usual pain "down below" in the afternoon/evenings as the pressure on the cerclage all day. 

What I Miss:

My clothes. I am starting to miss being able to easily get dressed. Between trying to pick out something to wear and then having to put the effort into putting socks and pants on, it can feel like a chore sometimes! 

Labor Signs/Health Update:


Great appointment with the high risk team! The ultrasound tech was super descriptive. We saw baby "swallowing" and wiggling around. I knew right away from the screen my measurement was good. 1.4 before cerclage, 2.5 after ceclage and now 3.1! 

After a romantic lunch in the hospital cafeteria, we had a super easy appointment with the nurse and doctor. No weight gain, low/normal blood pressure, urine sample spot on. 


The first thing the doc said was that he had to take a second look to make sure there wasn't a patient mistake from the ultrasound. My cervix is now LONGER then it was at anytime during this pregnancy. It is like it has grown more closed. He was so encouraged that he said we could go another 4 weeks between appointments. We talked a "ditch the stitch" date which we are going to try and schedule between Christmas and New Years! So while prior we were going to be "lucky to make it until Christmas" before baby's arrival, it now looks like this baby will be born in 2018! 


Gender:

Still a mystery! The ultrasound tech tells us every time to close our eyes and turn our heads when they get close to the "goods". We did it again this week and when she was done she mentioned that we could have kept looking because baby had their legs crossed and couldn't see. She also mentioned that now that the baby is so big, a lot of the time it is actually less obvious because they either close their legs or cross them a lot. 

Wedding Rings/Belly Button


My belly button is almost non-existent. My wedding ring is loose some days but tighter on others. 

What I'm Looking Forward To/Best Moment:


Going to the doctor was a great thing this week. I was a little nervous from contractions but everything was fine. It is just reassuring that everything is OK! 

I am really looking forward to our company Christmas party. It is a lot of work to plan and when it is over, I feel like I can relax a little. I am also planning on getting 99% of the Christmas shopping done on black Friday! 

Daddy This Week:

Daddy has been pretty useless himself at the end of the week. He hurt his back working out so now we are both unable to lift things. I had intentions of getting him to bring up Christmas decoration boxes so that I could putter away at the rest of the decorating but he can't lift them. And neither can I....SO we have 1 Christmas tree up and zero other decorations! 

He was very serious and mad when I would not massage his back for him when he hurt it. I told him he has yet to rub my back or feet and now he can know what it feels like! 

Big Brother Sam:


Big brother has recently changed his opinion on baby gender. He is now team BLUE! Forever, he said he was getting a baby sister but now it's all about baby brother! He is getting a little possessive of his old crib and nursery when I started putting things in there. He wanted to sleep in his crib one night since it was "his". A little mini blue Christmas tree for his big boy room changed that though!  


Wisdom:

I am so thankful for online shopping. I literally did ALL of our Christmas shopping this year online. Even many stocking stuffers! On a year where I am not as active, I am thankful that I can still get the things on my list myself! 


xo 

1 comment: